About Warthog Lodge
Nestled amongst the rolling hills and natural dams of the Mabalingwe Nature Reserve, Warthog Lodge offers families and nature lovers a relaxing retreat away from the busy city life. This spacious lodge consists of the main house and two chalets.
The main house has one en-suite bedroom with a king size bed. Each of the chalets has an en-suite bedroom with king-size beds, while one of the bedrooms also has a bunk bed, making it ideal for six adults and two children. Each bedroom also has an outside shower for guests who truly wish to be closer to nature. Each of the chalets also has a private deck. The living areas are in the main house.
There is a comfortable lounge, dining room, guest toilet, scullery and fully equipped kitchen ideal for all your self-catering needs. Warthog Lodge also has its own private watering hole that the animals love to visit! The more active guests can spend their days exploring the reserve by visiting the tennis courts, squash courts or mini-golf course. Game drives can also be arranged where guests will be able to view the abundance of bird- and wildlife indigenous to the area.
A Game Drive Vehicle (manual transmission) is available to rent as an added extra at R800.00 per day. Return to the cool comfort of the lodge to take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool while appreciating the views of the surrounding bushveld. Enjoy a braai under the stars, or simply unwind on the wooden deck while experiencing a golden African sunset.
We are Kind to our Environment
At Warthog Lodge we have created an eco-friendly system that is kind to the surrounding environment. We are striving to become one of the most environmentally friendly self-catering lodges in the Mabalingwe Nature Reserve.
We have implemented a number of small touches to help us reduce our carbon footprint and make it a safer and healthier world for our guests and surrounds.
Cleaning Products – Biodegradable Earth-Conscious Cleaning Agents and Bath Products are provided for guest use.
Toilet Tissue – It is not because we are cheap, it is because we care that we supply Single Ply Toilet Tissue made from recycled paper.
Waste and Recycling – Mabalingwe has a recycling program that we participate in. Tins, glass, plastic, paper and cardboard recyclables are placed in the green bag compartment of the waste bin in the scullery and all other household waste are placed in the black bag compartment of the waste bin. This eases the workload of the Mabalingwe sorting team and results in a cleaner environment.
Bedding and Sheets – Made from 100% Percale Cotton and low-impact dyes.
Appliances – We have installed energy efficient and water saving appliances.
Lighting – We use energy efficient light bulbs (LED & CFL’s) that consume 75% less energy than “old-school” incandescent bulbs.
Cooling – All bedrooms and living areas have ceiling fans that has been proven to be 4 times more energy efficient than air conditioners. Used in conjunction with some of the windows that can safely be left open, there is more than enough cross breezes to cool down the rooms.
Heating and Cooking – We have installed instant gas water heaters that use safe and environmentally friendly fuel sources (LPG) and also saves on greenhouse carbon emissions. The stove top is a combination of Snappy Chef gas stove (2 plates) and a Snappy Chef induction stove (2 plates).
Safari: Guests can choose to hire the game viewing vehicle to do their own safari or they can book a game drive at the Mabalingwe reception.
Golf: Warthog Lodge is situated on the Mabalingwe Nature Reserve. It is not far from Zebula and Elements Golf Course.
Family friendly: Warthog Lodge is the perfect place for families who want to break away to the bush. Because of wild animals roaming around freely, young children should be supervised.
Romantic: The sunsets at Warthog Lodge creates a romantic vibe.
• A REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT equal to 1 days' rental will also still be payable and does not form part of this quotation. This breakage deposit will be refunded within 5 working days after departure if no breakages or damages have been caused as a result of the tenant or his guests' behavior. THIS BREAKAGE... IMPORTANT IINFORMATION
• A REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT equal to 1 days' rental will also still be payable and does not form part of this quotation. This breakage deposit will be refunded within 5 working days after departure if no breakages or damages have been caused as a result of the tenant or his guests' behavior. THIS BREAKAGE DEPOSIT IS PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER AND DOES NOT FORM PART OF THE QUOTATION.
• The Departure Clean Fee of R400.00 forms part of the quotation. This is NOT a daily cleaning service. See ADDED EXTRAS for the price of the daily cleaning service.
• A levy of R150.00 per extra person per night will be added if the quote was done for a specified number of guests and more guests are added.
• Children are welcome. Young children must be under the supervision of their parents at all times.
• No stag or hen groups.
• No matriculation parties.
• No bachelor parties.
• NO PETS are allowed under any circumstances.
• Music will not be allowed between 10 pm and 11.30 am.
• Smoking is only allowed in some of the open air areas.
• Parking for all guests is available on site and is free of charge. Stricktly no more than 3 cars.
• Free WIFI
• Free DSTV.
• As the house is situated in a Nature Reserve, all persons using the house will have to sign an indemnity form which will be emailed on receipt of deposit.
• Please note the lodge can comfortably sleep six adults and two children.
• Please note that baboons, monkeys and various other animals roam freely. Keep all doors and windows securely closed and locked when out, not in sight or when checking out. Failure to do so, resulting in the baboons, monkeys or animals gaining access to the house will result in the loss of the whole breakage deposit as well as being charged for any other damage incurred by the baboons. monkeys or animals.
• A Camp/Travel Cot and bedding is available on request.
• There are 2 camp beds and bedding available on request for children that want to sleep with their parents in the main house.
• A daily cleaning service is available at R280.00 a day.
• A newly converted game drive vehicle, (purchased April 2018) (manual transmission) is available for hire at R800.00 per day. (The vehicle has to be booked for the entire duration of your stay. All fuel, flat tyres and call-outs will be for your own account.) Driver of the vehicle must be a licensed driver and over the age of 25. The vehicle cannot be taken off the reserve. The vehicle is not allowed on any of the 4x4 routes or difficult routes up the mountains. Failure to adhere to this policy can result in the loss of the full breakage deposit plus being liable for all other costs involved. If the vehicle is rented the breakge deposit will be repaid after 10 working days. If rented, the vehicle is only for the use of the tenats in Warthog Lodge.
• Braai wood is available @ R25.00 per bag.
• Late Check-Out (after 10 am) – optional @ R550.00 – can only be requested 2 days prior to check-out and will depend on availability.
WARTHOG LODGE CAN ALSO BE BOOKED IN THE FOLLOWING CONFIGURATIONS:
Main House Only – Sleep 2 Adults – ZAR 2050.00 (non school holidays), ZAR 2150.00 (school holidays and public holidays) per night. (Maxium 2 Children extra. Children over 5 @ R105.00 per night per child extra).
Main House plus Left Chalet – Sleep 4 Adults – ZAR 2775.00 (non school holidays), ZAR 2975.00 (school holidays and public holidays) per night.
Main House plus Right Chalet – Sleep 4 Adults and 2 Children – ZAR 2975.00 (non school holidays), ZAR 3175.00 (school holidays and public holidays) per night.
Whole House – Main House plus 2 Chalets – Sleep 6 adults and 2 children – normal listed rates apply.
If you book the main house only or the main house and the one chalet only your privacy is still assured as the rest will not be booked out to anyone else.
Any advertised specials do not apply when booking the main house or the main house and one chalet only. see more
Warthog Lodge Rooms
Reviews for Warthog Lodge12 guest reviews Reviews of
5 out of 5 stars
Warthog Lodge Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling
Things to do in and around Mabalingwe Nature Reserve
(7.4 km from Mabalingwe Nature Reserve)
Designed by Peter Matkovich, Elements Private Golf Reserve has been rated among the top golf courses in South Africa. Keeping in theme with it's natural surroundings, the course's intention is to act as a sanctuary away from the city, hence the...
(2.5 km from Mabalingwe Nature Reserve)
Thandeka Spa, an exclusive Africology spa, is situated in the tranquil surrounds of Thandeka Lodge in Bela Bela. The spa is perfect for unwinding at and enjoying a luxurious rejuvenating treatment. All of the treatments are aimed at energising,...
(7.2 km from Mabalingwe Nature Reserve)
Tee off on the world first Biosphere Golf Course in the Waterberg The combination of 18 championship golf holes and the untamed wilderness of Africa promises to be an exceptional playing experience. Against a stunning backdrop of hills and nestled...
(11.4 km from Mabalingwe Nature Reserve)
At Shakama Spa you can expect to be pampered from head to toe with rejuvenating therapies for the whole body. All the treatments offered are done by experienced therapists who will ensure complete restoration of balance to the mind and body. The...